Assistant Director of Nursing, WellPath Consultant
Wellpath | Anchorage, AK
The Assistant Director of Nursing, Wellpath Consultant is charged with the effective management and supervision of the nursing staff and operations of the facility. In addition, this collaborates with the DON and other members of the healthcare team to ensure that all patients receive appropriate healthcare services.
- Associate's degree in Nursing, Bachelor's degree in Nursing and/or Master's degree preferred. Diploma degree in Nursing will be considered in conjunction with 10+years of experience.
- Three (3) years' experience in psychiatric acute care setting with an additional two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Two (2) years of post-licensure clinical nursing experience working exclusively with individuals diagnosed with mental illness or multiple disabilities.
- Regulatory agency knowledge including The Joint Commission, Agency for Healthcare Administration, Centers for Medicaid/Medicare Services is preferred.
- Have and maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the state of employment.
ResponsibilitiesThe Assistant Director of Nursing, Wellpath Consultant supervises all the nursing office staff and per diem nursing staff.Completes performance reviews for direct reports and provides input to evaluation of staff reporting to manager or supervisor.Performs other supervisory responsibilities typically assumed by a manager including hiring, discipline, terminations, performance improvement plans, and coaching.Oversees utilization by review of assigned staff and evaluates additional staff needs on a shift-to-shift basis by considering the acuity and census on each residential unit.Evaluates quality of care through chart audits, persons served/staff interviews, interdisciplinary team conferences and persons served care rounds.Ensures the implementation of individualized treatment plan and other aspects of persons served care.Acts as a resource to Nurse Managers in addressing persons served care issues.Develops and implements performance improvement surveys to monitor documentation and clinical practice in all clinical units.Collaborates with the Director of Nursing and Nurse Managers to ensure that the department is in compliance with Joint Commission, state, federal, and local requirements.Ensures that nursing care is provided following organization's policies and procedures.Assists in developing and reviewing of departmental policies and procedures.Participates in hospital-wide employee orientations.Provides professional nursing care to persons served in response to workload demands and/or staffing shortages.Develops processes to ensure the clinical competence of all nursing staff.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer